An open, transparent overdrive with versatile tone-shaping options, the EastSide builds on the traditions of one of the most iconic overdrives of the “boutique” era.
A tonally flexible, transparent overdrive circuit. Evolved, and at a great price.
The Cleveland Music Co. EastSide Overdrive is our love letter to the pinnacle of transparent, boutique overdrives: the Timmy. Its low- to medium-gain tones can be dialed in for anything from a powerful, dirty boost for stacking with other pedals, to flat out rock-n-roll grind. With a potent EQ section and plenty of output volume to spare, the EastSide can easily push an on-the-edge amplifier’s tubes into overdrive territory. Plus, for situations where it’s required, the EastSide can be configured as either True Bypass or with a unity gain, Class A buffer at its input!
- VOLUME: Sets the overall output level. There is quite a lot of output on tap, which makes the EastSide a great boost option for stacking with other overdrives, or slamming the front of your favorite tube amp.
- GAIN: Clockwise for more gain; counter-clockwise for less. While there is a little more gain available than typical transparent overdrives, the EastSide is still a medium-gain pedal. Pro tip: putting a boost or another drive in front of the EastSide can push it into high-gain bliss!
- TREBLE: Works like you would expect: adds or cuts treble. Clockwise for more; counter-clockwise for less.
- BASS: Adds or cuts bass. Clockwise for more; counter-clockwise for less.
- COMP | SYM | ASYM: Selects between three clipping options:
- Compressed aggressively clips the signal, producing a rich, saturated overdrive tone. This is the least transparent setting.
- Symmetrical clips the peaks and valleys of the signal equally, resulting in a smooth, sustained overdrive tone.
- Asymmetrical clips the waveform unequally, creating a more open tone.
- The EastSide features an internal trimmer that allows you to fine-tune the bass frequencies prior to the distortion stage of the circuit. Great for “hot” humbuckers that tend to overpower typical overdrives.
- Pro tip: Cutting both TREBLE and BASS results in a midrange hump, while boosting both produces a scooped tone.
True-bypass or buffered switching. Jacks and power are on the top to save space on your pedalboard, and the pedal is industry-standard 125B size with low-profile, high-visibility knobs.
- NEW! Switchable between True bypass and a unity gain, Class A input buffer
- Can operate at any voltage between 9V and 18V for added headroom
- A rugged powder-coated, UV-printed enclosure
- Awesome solid aluminum knobs
- Neutrik audio jacks
- Kobiconn power jack
- Taiway switches
- Premium soft-touch latching footswitch (sourced from GØRVA Design)
- “Mojo”-style, genuine silver mica capacitor (just like the original)
- Kemet/WIMA polyester film capacitors
- Royal Ohm 1% metal film resistors
- MLCC C0G dielectrics in the audio path (for the hardcore nerds out there)
The Cleveland Music Co. EastSide Overdrive is handmade in limited runs in Cleveland, Ohio.